Re: Pedophiles

Aug 12, 1997 04:46 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199708121227.IAA28915@newman.concentric.net>, "A. Safron"
<safron@concentric.net> writes
>>From what I know psychiatric care is long, difficult and expensive.
>Videos of offenders in support groups say they are afraid they
>will do it again because they feel they have no control.
>
>Upteen years later, we are still struggling with this problem and
>probably have years to go to unlock the reason why these
>peoplle committ these acts.

Some offenders are known to be willing to accept surgical or chemical
castration to more or less eliminate their sex drive(s).  I heard of one
case of chemical (hormone) treatment being withdrawn from an offender
who begged for it to be restored, as he knew he would offend again
otherwise.  It wasn't restored, and he offended again. This was a few
years back, so I canot quote chapter and verse, but I expect some have
heard similar stories.

Alan