ML #2 Comments

Mar 29, 1995 11:24 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

> esses of L'Hassa - the blessed, could show the way to his guide.  the
> mysteries never were, never can be, put within the reach of the general
> public, not, at least, until that longed for day when our religious
> philosophy becomes universal.

Meaning, in light of #10, when religion as we know it no longer
exists?

> to himself.  Yet, you have ever discussed but to put down the
> idea of a universal Brotherhood, questioned its usefulness, and
> advised to remodel the TS on the principle of a college for the
> special study of occultism..  This my respected and esteemed
> friend and Brother - will never do!

Sinnett's later career shows little appreciation for the gravity
of this message.  He forced his London Lodge members to promise
not to visit the Blavatsky lodge, rejected the Secret Doctrine
because it corrected some errors in his own writings, went behind
HPB's back for alternative channels to the Masters...  His
autobiography is fascinating but mainly (IMO) as a warning as to
how wrong one can go despite abundant opportunities.  Until his
death he remained an ethnocentric Englishman who looked down on
most everyone outside his social class.

> " And supposing you were thus to come - as two of your own
> countrymen have already as Mad.  B.  did, annd Mr.  O will;

Which raises the interesting question of when HSO did so; my
choice would be November 1883 when he met KH in Lahore and
proceeded to Jammu.