Re: An idea

Feb 15, 1998 07:05 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <v01530500b10cdaa67620@[206.184.204.246]>, Thoa
Tran <thoa@withoutwalls.com> writes
>That's
>when having someone proof-reading my writing would help.
>
>This idea is just an idea, but it could be much more if there is massive
>support.  It could be an impressive document with signature of members,
>non-members, ex-members, etc.

When we were forming the TI "Statement of Intent" some of the
feedback came via theos-l, and some via personal e-mail.  I put out my
original thoughts, and the would-be and existing members told me
where I was wrong, what I had left out, and how the Statement could
be better worded.  So I kept reposting the various amended versions
until all those interested were in substantial agreement.

As is to be expected, not everyone agreed with every detail of every
line, but there was sufficient consensus for mutual agreement, and we
went ahead with that.  It may not be too long before we reach the 100
member mark.  Not high compared to "mainline" TS organisations, but
our figures go only up. (One member did quit, but rejoined a month or
two later after sundry correspondence).

So I repeat my suggestion - send you draft either to list members (non-
concealed members can be found by send the following to
Listproc@vnet.net:

rev theos-l

and/or to the list itself.  I for one will proofread your effort, and like
others, may well edit it and post the result back to you ...

Alan (with your face) :o)
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk