The Number 7

Aug 28, 1997 10:08 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

K. Paul Johnson wrote:
> I'd just spoken on some numerological theme; might have been
> Seven in Isma`ili Esotericism, but I can't remember.

	Perhaps you can answer a problem I have with the number 7: In nature,
the number 7 only seems to apppear in the number of "planets" that can
be seen with the naked eye; all the other instances of 7 I have seen
have been continuous phenomena, broken into 7 arbitrary parts.

	The only good explanation of the occult properties of the number 7 that
I HAVE HEARD OR READ (note the stress) is that 7 is really 6, which
appears a lot in nature, + 1, the unity. Another possibility is that two
ones, to balance, need a fulcrum, making 3, and two threes, to balance,
need a fulcrum, making 7.

	Do you have a better explanation (I hope)?

	Bart Lidofsky