Hebrew Texts

Aug 28, 1997 10:33 PM
by Jaqtarin Samantha Triele

Alan, I understand your concerns about the "modern hebrew" texts which are
dispersed now.  If I could get my hands on a "real" version, I believe I
would.  Perhaps once I learn the language, I may just save up some money
and fly to Jerusalem.  Somebody's got to have one somewhere....

With the bible I have, the OT is Biblical Hebrew, Old Hebrew as some call
it.  The NT is Aramaic.  In the future I plan to get an NT in greek as
well, and begin yet another language.   I have a feeling it will be quite
a few years before I get around to that, esp. at the rate of progress I'm
having with Hebrew. (which is agonizingly slow).

At some point in time, I plan to have Bibles in as many languages as I
can, if not for the learning of the languages themselves, (for what a
better way to learn a language than by reading something one already
knows?), then for an eye-opener for house-guests...:).

Toodles.
---
Jaqi.