Re: There *is* a TS yoga

Jul 20, 1996 06:22 PM
by Maxim Osinovsky

On Sat, 20 Jul 1996, Martin_Euser wrote:

> Bee:
>
> You stated that there doesn't exist
> a TS yoga. This is a bit to my amazement. In fact, there are several
> powerful exercises of a Raja Yoga type which are being practiced by
> some people (theosophists and non-theosophists) I know  (I practice these
> exercises too).

Martin,

I belong to the school of thought in theosophy that believes that first
things should come first. First contact with one's Higher Self, and
then--as a natural outcome of the contact--a lot of wonderful things like
intuition, siddhis, and so forth.

So for me and for some others in the theosophical movement the main
criterion to judge wheter or not a TS yoga exists, is to see if
theosophy offers any means of making the contact.

This perspective on TS yoga elevates the whole issue to the level where
it properly belongs.

Max