Re: There *is* a TS yoga

Jul 21, 1996 02:46 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>I belong to the school of thought in theosophy that believes that first
>things should come first. First contact with one's Higher Self, and
>then--as a natural outcome of the contact--a lot of wonderful things like
>intuition, siddhis, and so forth.
	Been there.  Done that.  Its not as easy as you suggest.

>So for me and for some others in the theosophical movement the main
>criterion to judge wheter or not a TS yoga exists, is to see if
>theosophy offers any means of making the contact.
	Theosophy does not offer such a means.  At least, it never
offered me one.  It does tell us that such a thing exists, which is a good
start.  But I had to figure out how to contact my Higher Self on my own.

>This perspective on TS yoga elevates the whole issue to the level where
>it properly belongs.
	This sounds very "core-ish" but doesn't make much sense.
You seem to be saying that we have a Higher Self, and that we must
contact it first before we can practice yogic techniques that we can use
to contact our Higher Self .  This is an obvious Catch 22.  If you think
that you can contact your Higher Self with karma yoga and altruism
(which is what the TSs offer us) then you are in for a rude shock.

Jerry S.
Member, TI