Re: Karma

Jun 23, 1996 05:10 PM
by Wycked God

First off I'd like to say thank you to Mr. Schueler.  I've read Enochian Physics and enjoyed the book greatly
(though I must say I don't completely understand it- yet).  I haven't really delved into the study of Karma
yet.  I've just been casually curious about certain aspects of it.

Jerry Schueler wrote:

> > I've often wondered about Karma.  If everything has an equal and
> >opposite reaction, isn't everything  just a reaction to the first action?
>         According to Newton, every action (force) directed on
> the physical plane has an equal and opposite reaction.  This has
> nothing at all to do with emotions or thoughts.  In my Enochian
> Physics, I rewrote Newton's third law to say: "For every action of the
> I upon its Not-I there is a corresponding opposite reaction of the
> Not-I upon its I."  This is the law of karma in its association with fohat,
> and is true on all planes.  Basically, this means that any cause-effect
> relationship works both ways between our Self (subjectivity) and our
>  World (objectivity).  However, cause and effect (causality) cannot
> account for everything that happens to us.

How does this work in the concept of the All?  Meaning, how does this law affect the All in it's first action?
 I would assume that it was the I, and the nothingness the Not-I.  The I created the wave upon the Not-I.
Couldn't everything be taken back to this first wave?  And if so, how does that effect free will?

> >Karma is generally thought to be something that has an equilibriating
> >principle  in that all actions do produce a response and the response
> >could be delayed for a long time.
>         Doss, you are speaking the party line here.  I personally
> disagree.  I would say that most action produces a response, but
> not all.  In this, I am agreeing with Dzogchen of Tibetan Buddhism.
> According to Dzogchen, some karma weakens over time to the
> point where it may no longer need to produce an effect.  Also, if all
> actions produce reactions, there would be no way to ever stop
> the Wheel of Karma, and both Vedanta and Buddhism agree
> that one's personal karma can be eliminated.

Your over my head on this one.  I haven't put much thought into Karma because I haven't purchased a large
enough bottle of aspirin.  I'm not sure, but somehow I feel I'm going to get a big headache when I start to
think about it.

~~~Wycked, 0+1+2+3+4=10 .
"Are you ready for my wisdom?"