Re: Karma

Jun 23, 1996 03:50 PM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Sun, 23 Jun 1996, Jerry Schueler wrote:

> > I've often wondered about Karma.  If everything has an equal and
> >opposite reaction, isn't everything  just a reaction to the first action?
> 	According to Newton, every action (force) directed on
> the physical plane has an equal and opposite reaction.  This has
> nothing at all to do with emotions or thoughts.  In my Enochian
> Physics, I rewrote Newton's third law to say: "For every action of the
> I upon its Not-I there is a corresponding opposite reaction of the
> Not-I upon its I."  This is the law of karma in its association with fohat,
> and is true on all planes.  Basically, this means that any cause-effect
> relationship works both ways between our Self (subjectivity) and our
>  World (objectivity).  However, cause and effect (causality) cannot
> account for everything that happens to us.
>
> >Karma is generally thought to be something that has an equilibriating
> >principle  in that all actions do produce a response and the response
> >could be delayed for a long time.
> 	Doss, you are speaking the party line here.  I personally
> disagree.  I would say that most action produces a response, but
^^^^^^^^^^^
> not all.  In this, I am agreeing with Dzogchen of Tibetan Buddhism.
> According to Dzogchen, some karma weakens over time to the
> point where it may no longer need to produce an effect.  Also, if all
> actions produce reactions, there would be no way to ever stop
> the Wheel of Karma, and both Vedanta and Buddhism agree
> that one's personal karma can be eliminated.
>
> 	Jerry S.
> 	Member, TI

Jerry: No problem at all. Until such time each one of us
can have a first hand personal understanding of the totality of the
functioning of Karma in all its aspects, we can collect all available
view points and keep them as theories. Even if one of us gets a full
understanding as above, it may not be communicatable to others.

    Peace to all living beings.

    M K Ramadoss