Re: Elections

May 16, 1996 04:08 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

According to alexis dolgorukii:

> I don't think we're in for E.S. domination in perpetuity, it's going to come
> down to folks saying: "ok You wanted it, you can keep it!" I think we're
> very shortly going to see a replacement organization. And I am fairly sure
> that before too long, you're going to see some really terrible scandals that
> will bring the Adyar society down in ruins, and deservedly so.

Remember Ann B.'s comments about a big turnaround in 1997?
Let's hope the planets do their job.

> Hope all is well with you.

All is well with the Cayce book.  But I have got myself
involved in a huge Baha'i crisis in which a handful of very
prominent liberal Baha'is are being purged (accused of all
manner of things by the authorities) and I am writing about it
as it occurs.  Some people have worse problems than
Theosophists.  The Chairman of the Baha'i National Spiritual
Assembly gave long denunciations of an individual member at the
national convention in Wilmette this year.  The bottom line is
they (the leaders and conservative followers) hate the Internet
with a passion because it disturbs the tight control they have
had over all Baha'i discourse for 50 years.  So they are trying
to expel everyone involved in the formation of an e-list where
people started criticizing the leadership.

Sad to observe, but it does tend to illustrate the universality
of spiritual organizations' leadership using any means
necessary to hang onto control.  Maybe the ES could even learn
a thing or two from the honcho Baha'is.