Re: Elections

May 15, 1996 03:13 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 04:33 PM 5/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi gang--
>
>I'm still on theos-news, and got Doss's post to Sy about the
>election results.  But no other posts in weeks.  What happened
>with the election?  My reading of things was that if Betty
>defeated Bing, the most conservative candidate won in
>California, and Sy lost--- we're in for ES domination
>indefinitely.
>
>Cheers
>Paul
>
>Sy Lost, by nearly the margin of the people they disenfranchised from his
lodge. They actually disenfranchised more than they needed to.
And of course "Betty" defeated Bing Escudero, I don't know for sure about
who was what in California, as a new member I wasn't even informed of either
the election, or of it's candidates, but I'm told Joe Gullo (who I remember
as a nice man) lost.

I don't think we're in for E.S. domination in perpetuity, it's going to come
down to folks saying: "ok You wanted it, you can keep it!" I think we're
very shortly going to see a replacement organization. And I am fairly sure
that before too long, you're going to see some really terrible scandals that
will bring the Adyar society down in ruins, and deservedly so.

Hope all is well with you.

alexis