Re: Elections

May 16, 1996 09:15 AM
by john antonio proietti

>At 04:33 PM 5/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>Hi gang--
>>
>>I'm still on theos-news, and got Doss's post to Sy about the
>>election results.  But no other posts in weeks.  What happened
>>with the election?  My reading of things was that if Betty
>>defeated Bing, the most conservative candidate won in
>>California, and Sy lost--- we're in for ES domination
>>indefinitely.
>>
>>Cheers
>>Paul
>>
>>Sy Lost, by nearly the margin of the people they disenfranchised from his
>lodge. They actually disenfranchised more than they needed to.
>And of course "Betty" defeated Bing Escudero, I don't know for sure about
>who was what in California, as a new member I wasn't even informed of either
>the election, or of it's candidates, but I'm told Joe Gullo (who I remember
>as a nice man) lost.
>
>I don't think we're in for E.S. domination in perpetuity, it's going to come
>down to folks saying: "ok You wanted it, you can keep it!" I think we're
>very shortly going to see a replacement organization. And I am fairly sure
>that before too long, you're going to see some really terrible scandals that
>will bring the Adyar society down in ruins, and deservedly so.
>
>Hope all is well with you.
>
>alexis
>

>Alexis, et al,

     A decade or so ago, I met some devotees of Sai Baba living in Houston
Texas.  The first major elections were a scandal - seems the rich and
powerful were caught cheating their way into office.  The cheaters had to
step down but the group was never the same, immediately following, and I
never much bothered with devotees of Sai Baba, or the politics of
organizations, since. It is apparent that many have less than altruistic
ideals.  This world is a battleground !

John Antonio Proietti