Re: Various Comments

Mar 30, 1995 11:20 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

To Jerry S.

> I am one
> of those weird fringe people who thinks that everyone in this
> particular human lifewave on Globe D is telepathically connected
> together via the collective unconscious.

Dunno about Globe D - where are A B C ?  If you mean right here
on l'il 'ol planet earth, I am with you!  I think I would be
inclined to delete "telepathically" from the above, and just say
that we are all connected - maybe whether we like it or not.  The
general theosophical concept of Karma would require this, don't
you think?

> Each and every one of
> us is continuously being bombarded by the thoughts of others.
> The surface of our aura serves as a screen or filter, so that
> only a select number of these come through into our personal
> unconscious, and then only a very few of these ever pop into
> consciousness.  When they do, we often think that the thought is
> our own.  This happens all the time.  All 'channeling' really
> does is to allow us to open up our filter, and let more of these
> thoughts in so that the number that pop into consciousness
> increases.  In this sense, we all channel.  It is the source of
> such channeled thoughts that gives everyone the real problem.

Interesting that you seem to see this as a physical or
semi-physical process.  Come back phlogiston, all is forgiven!
Maybe it is.  What, in the above scenario, is the selecting or
filter-operating mechanism?  I suspect that we receive the lot,
and that the only filtering may be within ourselves [wherever
that is] in order to be able to handle it.  Must be a mighty
powerful filter, though.

Dogma:  Consciousness is a state of being.
    Awareness is a funtion of consciousness.

[Channeled teaching!]

Alan.