Re to Alan

Mar 29, 1995 08:25 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Alan: < ...what is the _evidence_ for laws of nature being benign
in intent, aiming at the utopian outcome posited by such a view?>

This is a good question.  I kind of see laws of nature, or
universal laws if you will, as being amoral.  I especially like
"Love is the Law" because it reflects exactly where I want to be.
Thus this law reflects my own inner universe as I am trying to
make it and maintain it.  But love, you see, is undefined in the
law itself, and can mean a whole raft of things.  Sometimes love
means help me, and other times it means leave me alone.  Perhaps
its just a feeling we set up in our heart to help guide our
behavior and then we hope that others will see it and emulate us
in some fashion?  But I doubt that my utopian outcome matches your
utopian outcome.  My world, inner and outer, is mine, and I make
it what I will.  You make yours what you will.  Perhaps the only
truly universal law is Do What Thou Wilt?

Alan, thanks for sharing your electronic quiet room.  Sometimes I
need to time myself out.  Its perfect.

        Jerry S.