Re: Bailey & Theosophy

Mar 29, 1995 12:19 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

Re: the relationship between Bailey's ideas and Leadbeater's.
I have seen it argued the other way; that certain elements
appear in CWL only AFTER AB starts publishing.  These include
the Manu/Mahachohan/Bodhisattva doctrine.  If Tillett argues
for CWL influencing AB (I'm not sure he does but for the sake
of discussion let's assume so) then SOMEBODY reads the evidence
the other way.  Maybe Campbell?

BTW-- Nicholas, you may not be in the minority on these
issues.  But then-- we're all (not just theos-l, but all
humanity) deluded to some extent.  So the question in any given
case isn't WHETHER but HOW and HOW MUCH, perhaps.  Of course
there may be some gems even in the midst of delusion.