Re: Bailey & Theosophy

Mar 29, 1995 01:03 PM
by Nicholas Weeks

Paul Johnson> >Re: the relationship between Bailey's ideas and
Leadbeater's.  >I have seen it argued the other way; that certain
elements >appear in CWL only AFTER AB starts publishing.  These
include >the Manu/Mahachohan/Bodhisattva doctrine.  If Tillett
argues >for CWL influencing AB...

I was not saying Tillett said so.  I don't remember.  I was
thinking of a passage in a "Tibetan" book, in regard to CWL's
"Masters and the Path" published in 1925.  The "Tibetan" said,
roughly, (I no longer have those blue books) that because his
teachings had appeared in the Arcane School private papers before
1925 his teachings were the basis for CWL's book.  However, CWL
had been a teacher in the Adyar ES & TS long before 1918, when
AAB began channelling, so it seems clear that 90 per cent of the
influence was from CWL to AAB, not the reverse.

Nicholas