Comments on the flaming of Paul's book

Mar 22, 1995 11:22 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Aki: <4.  Do not resist evil.>

This has to do with turning the other cheek, an idea that never
caught on with Christians.  It means returning abuse with love,
and is a whole lot harder to practice than one would think.

Aki - thanks for the five rules.  They help remind us that Jesus
was a Master too.

John M: <could someone explain that if Paul Johnson's work is
incorrect, then what is the correct interpretation of the
Masters??>

You just hit a nerve John.  None of Paul J's critics have tried
to answer this one here (but I would have thought that
theos-Roots would have the details by now!).  My hope was that
all history buffs, pro and con Paul J's book, would get together
on Theos- Roots and hash this out between them.  We have all
heard a lot about where Paul was wrong, but nothing about what
really did happen or who the real Masters were (which no one
knows with certainty, but at least Paul J took a reasonable stab
at it).

Art: < my intentions are to remind us all that fine tuning our
criticism would do no one harm and everyone would benefit from a
covenant of enhancement.>

Amen, Art.  Loved your posting.

             Jerry S.