A spoonful of sugar...

Mar 22, 1995 12:22 PM
by Paul Gillingwater

LieselFD@aol.com writes:

But it's playing, & not nearly as important as the communication
of "The Ancient Wisdom", with all its attendant attributes.

I agree that this is an attribute of such beings.  In fact, I
think that a certain humour is an integral part of many such
activities -- a light heartedness which is always kindly and
perceptive.  Some personal experiences (not mine) lead me to
think that this is far more common than we might expect.

Another example of an advanced being living in the world,
teaching the ageless wisdom and using "tricks" is Sai Baba, who
describes his various materializations as "lila", or games, which
catch the attention of the mind so that it might be receptive to
deeper teachings.

After all, who wants to imbibe undiluted moral philosophy? Wasn't
it that great sage, M.  Poppins, who declared that "a spoonful of
sugar makes the medicine go down...  " :-)

Paul Gillingwater