Re: Politics on the Theos discussion lists

Mar 03, 1998 06:26 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <01IU82YJ1XQY9JD40D@InfoAve.Net>, John E Mead
<jmead@infoave.net> writes
>When and if there are two lists, one for theosophical ideas and one for
>politics, I will gladly subscribe to the former.  In the meantime, I ask
>now to be removed from this list.  Hopefully the contributors will not
>interpret my action to mean that I do not care about the structure of the
>Society and the behavior of its members.  I care very much indeed, but I
>choose to deal with such matters differently from the way they are dealt
>with here.  Ed Abdill

But this list is not about the Theosophical Society (I presume Ed means
TSA) but a discussion list for theosophy in general, which, whether we
like it or not, has a clearly political dimension.  Many of those who
sobsibe are not members of any TS, and some are members of other T
Societies.  If Ed wishes to discuss theosophical ideas, then let him start
a discussion on a subject of his own choosing.

The political element in theos-l discussions has arisen because, it would
seem, that although they *could* do so, many of the TSA officers
clearly *do not want* to engage in discussion on theos-l - a list
*designed* for theosophical *and related* discussion.  They have every
opportunity to join us in our discussions, and to make their own,
possibly valuable contributions to the theosophical ideals.

In short, if anyone want to discuss theosophical interests (of any kind)
on this list, no one is stopping them - the list is unmoderated, and we
can all say whatever we like.

Alan

THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk