Re: Practical Brotherhood(/Sisterhood/Siblinghood)

Nov 23, 1997 07:04 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199711231851.LAA17156@umt.umt.edu>, JRC
<jrcecon@selway.umt.edu> writes
>Yes! I have often thought that our First Object may be one of the most
>revolutionary statements made in the last century ... and looking at the
>world as it is now, with "race, religion and creed" being at the root of
>such an immense amount of discord and suffering on earth, it seems perhaps
>even more relevent today. I wonder, sometimes, what would have happened,
>what the world would look like today, if the Theosophical Society, instead
>of devolving into small groups of people studying esoterica, had become
>sucessful and reached the full fruition of what the founders intended. -JRC

Wonder you (and we) may, but sadly the founders and their successors
were as captivated by the esoterica as most of those who followed them,
with the current paradox that 3rd object ideas seem to "rule" the TS
movement, while at the same time they are denied or decried by others in
charge of parts of it, especially Adyar.

I think I am saying that the founders and their successors were no
better or worse than anyone else, and in consequence, had no chance of
setting in motion the "successful and full fruition" you mention. :-(

This, I guess, *has* to include the putative Masters.

Alan