Re: Practical Brotherhood(/Sisterhood/Siblinghood)

Nov 23, 1997 09:50 AM
by JRC

>After reading instances like the above, I am more and more convinced of the
>soundness and fundamental need to remind ourselves that practical
>brotherhood/sisterhood is a very key proposition and is key to the survival
>of Theosophical Movement over a century.

Yes! I have often thought that our First Object may be one of the most
revolutionary statements made in the last century ... and looking at the
world as it is now, with "race, religion and creed" being at the root of
such an immense amount of discord and suffering on earth, it seems perhaps
even more relevent today. I wonder, sometimes, what would have happened,
what the world would look like today, if the Theosophical Society, instead
of devolving into small groups of people studying esoterica, had become
sucessful and reached the full fruition of what the founders intended. -JRC