Re: Rules

Sep 07, 1997 02:42 PM
by techndex

At 07:28 PM 9/5/97 -0400, Doss wrote:

>Rules are needed for an efficient and orderly progress of physical
>activities. Such as one way traffic, traffic signals, etc. etc. Some of
>these are also necessary to protect the physical security and safety of
>everyone.

As anarchistic as I am, I have to agree that a few rules are necessary,
given that some individuals aren't advanced enough either intellectually or
spiritually to totally do without them. (Though, I also believe we have
waaaaaaaaaaay more rules than necessary.)

>When you go to non physical matters, I don't know what are the rules and who
>sets them? Gurus, religious leaders, sacred books, tradition, or whatever.

I have to agree with either Titus or Jerry (sorry, guys) who said that
there is a difference between the type of rules that you mentioned in the
first paragraph of my excerpt of your post and those for nonphysical
matters. Aside from where they originate, they are principles or laws that
we cannot escape or disobey until we transcend this evolution. However,
what are often referred to as "rules" espoused by teachers, traditions,
etc. are often guidelines based on the nonhumanly-originated principles or
laws. They're sort of like training wheels for the early stages of the Path
and if you discard them too soon, especially before realizing the
principles behind them, you'll fall down and get bruised. ;-D

Lynn