Re: Maya "sugar highs" and delayed gratification

Sep 07, 1997 03:10 PM
by techndex

At 08:53 AM 9/2/97 -0400, A. Safron wrote:

>I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, but what do you do when
>your mentor/guru/teacher ABANDONS you.

Aiiish! That must have been devastating!

>And has not left a successor
>or sufficient teachings that one feels they can continue on that particular
>path.  I've been there twice.  Once when the guru retired  to Hawaii and
>wanted to have as little as possible to do with his disciples and the other
>who decided a business money-making path was more important than
>the church he headed.

Have you been able to find solace in the fact that neither of these
individuals were worthy gurus in the first place? That despite the pain of
being abandoned, it was ultimately the best thing as it turned your quest
in another direction?

>Frankly, the only thing that has sustained me over the years is the
>Alice Bailey material.  Seems these teachers have a tendency to
>burn out somewhere along the way.

I'm a student of the Alice A. Bailey material myself. The things relevant
to this particular discussion that I find appealing about it is a) each of
the books dictated by the Tibetan admonish the student to "ascertain their
truth by right practice and by the exercise of the intuition; and b) a
number of passages that refer to ones own Soul as the initial guru. I've
found it to be a wonderful relief to not have to search the world for a
guru but to look within. Saves lots of time and energy that would otherwise
be expended in exploring blind alleys. ;-D

Wishing you the best in finding that guru, whether it be the One within or
a true Master without....

Lynn