Re: alone & judgement

Aug 29, 1997 06:58 PM
by libidium

mkr wrote:
When you said "I feel so all alone", it reminded me of a lecture by
Krishnaji where he discusses how unique it is to be "alone" as compared
to being "isolated". I think most of us some time or other feel very
isolated for one reason or the other. Very rarely one feels "alone".

> mkr

I'd like an explanation of this.  My experience since the
"communications era" has been that I can feel very "alone" but rarely
isolated.  E.G.: when taking a stand on an issue say at work or in a
volunteer group that turns out to be opposite to the (at least) vocal
majority (brackets to include all those people who have not the courage
to commit on an issue but wait to see which side it's best to be on), I
feel "alone" but not isolated.  Or, when in a "depressed" frame of mind
when I would just love for someone to call and ask how I am (rather than
for business advice), I feel alone but not isolated because I can phone,
fax, email or drive to connection.
Am I getting it wrong because I always perceive things in "physical or
human" terms?

Chuck, you wrote re judging:
> If he doesn't get caught, then it was.

O.K. Chuck, pretend you are Solomon and these two women come to you for
judgement on who should have the baby (you know the story).  I'd REALLY
like to hear your decision.  And you can't copy Solomon's because that's
too easy and anyway an A&E program we got recently said Solomon had
hundreds of women in his harem and begat thousands of children and so, I
presume, your answer would be different as your environmental experience
is.  Unless, oh my, your heredity isn't.

"As ye sow, so shall ye reap" perhaps!

I hope this and the following reaches you guys as I have just messed
around with my mail program and "name" after receiving a foul message
from someone called "stone cold" with swear words and a real cold
feeling from it.  I sent back white light and promptly changed my mail
options, but have no manual.
Regards
Annette