Re: Glimmer of hope!

Aug 28, 1997 11:51 AM
by Bee Brown

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 23:24:18 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Thanks for using NetForward!
>http://www.netforward.com
>v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
>
>--------------------------------------
>
>"Dallas TenBroeck" <dalval@nwc.net> wrote in theos-world:
>
>	Having been educated some 60 years ago, my link to the 19th century may be
>closer than most who have been educated recently--and I have noticed that
>for them it is a distinct effort to force their minds and understanding to
>years ago.  But no serious scholar refuses this kind of challenge for the
>"ease" of putting those ideas into the modern lingo, which is, as I look at
>it, very superficial indeed.

>MKR:
>
>When I read the above comment, I was elated to see someone belonging to an
>earlier generation becoming active in the Internet. Congratulations Dallas!
>
>When we look around the leadership of the Theosophical Organizations, most
>of them belonging tothe non-computer generation and their lack of interest
>and active participation, perhaps mostly attributable to their lack of a
>clear understanding of how Internet works, many times I have thought that it
>is a lost cause until such time the computer generation comes to leadership
>position.
>
>With Dallas' above comment, it has made my day -- we can still have some
>hope that those belonging to previous generation can learn to use e-mail etc.
>
>So let wait and keep looking to see them getting active.
>
>........mkr
>
>PS: I am sure there are others here belonging to Dallas' generation and my
>congratulations to them too.

The New Zealand Section is setting up a web page and our National
President has kicked off the NZ e-mail discussion list despite not
being 'computer literate' about the Internet. He can still see the
advantage and therefore, as his office secretary, I am able to
translate his ideas into the Internet environment. He is also of the
older generation but our computer members have shown him the
possibilities and he has seen them. He is keen to put relevant topics
on the list for discussion so that we can all get dialogue going.
I am also nearly in that category and I find the whole thing very
exciting.
I hope to have a more NZ content as there is plenty of Theosophy on
the other web sites that we can link to. Time will tell.
Not quite precipitation but as close as this material world can get,
just yet  :-)
Bee Brown
Member Theosophy NZ, T.I.
Life is not a problem to be solved;