Re: Doggie Diarreha

Aug 01, 1997 05:43 PM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: Tom Robertson <mdmgyn@worldnet.att.net>
> Subject: Re: Doggie Diarreha
> Date: Friday, August 01, 1997 1:18 AM
>
> Keith wrote:
>
> >In regard to theos-l being less than doggie doo, I wish I had the orignal
> >post.  Who said this?
>
> I don't believe anyone said it until someone on this list
> characterized some TS members' opinion of this list in that way.
>
> >Anyway, I don't doubt that many consider it doggie diarrehea, because it is
> >uncontroled and fecund, fertile, and growth promotoing unlike some lists >that are
overcontrolled and sterile, and stifling like there "moderators".  >Never was a word more
appropriate.    Take a guess?

> I find it ironic that the same people whose politics advocates
> government stopping people from being too free and successful so that
> freeloaders can be encouraged are the ones who insist that their
> discussions not be moderated.  Moderated discussions stick to the
> topic more.  If one doesn't want to discuss any particular topic, why
> would one subscribe to any particular list?  I joined this list
> because I wanted to discuss Theosophy.  That it isn't moderated makes
> that much more difficult.  The TS-L list probably has more discussion
> of Theosophy on it than this one does, in about 10% of the volume.

One wonders why you are still subscribed to this list, since it's
overabundance of freedom offends you.  Personally, I believe you
would not get away with half the offensive material you post here
if you were on any other moderated list.

A. Safron