Guns in Singapore

Jun 15, 1997 05:23 AM
by Tom Robertson

I asked the following question in the newsgroup soc.culture.singapore:

-> From: mdmgyn@worldnet.att.net (Tom Robertson)
->
-> I watched a documentary on Singapore years ago, and I was left with
-> the impression that it was very authoritarian, clean, and peaceful.
-> What are the gun laws in Singapore?  Have they effectively kept
-> criminals from having them, so that non-criminals don't need them?

[ Via EDTec Anon Remail Service: <infos.an@edtec.com> ] answered:

Possession of firearms or ammunition is a life sentence.  Using
it - mandatory death sentence.  No need for guns here, as there is
nothing to hunt.  Of all the silly policies that PAP throws at us,
this is only one of the few that I support.