Re: Flying Silos; Rendering unto IRS

May 27, 1997 12:12 PM
by apriorip

Hello Scott,

Excellent issue about taxes:

+ It is my understanding of the current tax code that, should an
+ organization "charge" for a function, the funds collected become
+ taxable.  If the same function is financed by "donations," no
+ tax liability accrues.  In the former case, the organization's
+ tax-exempt status might come up for investigation; in the latter,
+ the question does not arise, nor would it arise if the function
+ were gratis.  If my understanding is incorrect, I welcome
+ correction.

     This is quite correct with a peculiar exception according to my
understanding...if an officially registered tax-exempt organization
charges or requires a donation more than the actual market value of a
product then the charge/donation is tax exempt...re: PBS tax exempt
product for donation offers...M.K.R.D. I believe does taxes and can
answer more.

   I myself would like to see a healthier economic flow transcendent of
taxation..see

    http://users.aol.com/aprioripa/ecosolu.html

Shanti,
Patrick Alessandra, Psy.D.
--
***  A.Priori  /  1441C Bellevue Way NE  /  Bellevue, WA  98004  USA
***  aprioripa@aol.com  /  http://users.aol.com/psychosoph/home.html