ES/Good Theosophists?

May 27, 1997 12:19 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

I wouldn't touch the question of who is or is not a good
Theosophist, and indeed think that phrase has been abused so
much that it should be retired from use.  But if we phrase the
question "Is the ES good for the TS?" then I agree
wholeheartedly with Ken that the answer is a resounding NO.

There is enough evidence on this question in our archives to
fill a book, so no need to repeat it.  But to put the
question more generally: Is it good for any ostensibly
democratic organization to be governed by members of a separate
and secret organization which consistently for a century
has subverted said democratic form of governance?

The question answers itself.