Karma or what

Apr 04, 1997 04:47 PM
by Thoa Tran

Liesel:

>I would like to add to what Toa said about this person who got shot or shot
>himself. I didn't read it, but I read Toa's comments.

Hi Liesel, I didn't write the saying.  It was E.J. Light.  However, there
are some comments I would like to make.  I'm sorry it's taking so long to
respond, but I'm finally taking the time to reflect.

>"It is all in our heads".
>Serge King's first Kahuna principle is "The world is what you think it is".
>The whole Kahuna philosphy is built up on this principle, so it jives with
>what Toa is saying. What we perceive of the world, of our surroundings, is
>whatever reaches us via our senses, which is a little more distributed than
>our heads, but I think Toa is speaking figuratively.

This is similar to Plato's Parable of the Cave.  We are all actually in the
cave of our experiences, seeing only shadows of what is Real.  Once in a
rare while, we get an inkling of the essence that causes the shadow.

>Serge's healing system
>is then built up on that a good Shaman can change belief systems to agree
>with whatever the healee believes, and that (s)he can then heal using that
>system. The shaman has his (her) own belief system, though, and when using
>another's system still has his own in mind 5% or so.

I think agreeing with the healee's system is important for the healee to
build faith in the unknown, and eventually be accepting of the illness,
thereby enabling the healee to go on to the process of healing, instead of
being held back by the negativity of nonacceptance.

>Serge also teaches
>several levels of viewing things. I don't remember the whole description
>but, like first level is linear and contains linear time, most modern
>inventions, allopathic medicine, and herbs for their medicinal values.

The modern viewpoint is one of science and technology, seeable cause and
effect.  However, the Shaman system, to the modern mind, is of an
irrational nature, a system beyond physics and chemistry.

>The
>second level contains spiral time, reincarnation.

The soul, to the Shaman, has always existed and will always exist beyond a
person's lifetime.  By recognizing this, s/he can service the living in
several ways.  First, a Shaman can determine the type of soul that is
entering a pregnant woman.  The deeds or quality of a soul in a previous
life or lives can determine the events of the present life.  Second, this
knowledge can also determine the cause of the illness, since in Shamanistic
belief, the root of illnesses is in the soul.  Balancing the soul is key to
healing the body.  Thus, one of the function of the Shaman is to have the
ability to be in a "death" state, in which his soul can travel to the land
of the dead.  By walking through the land of the dead, the Shaman can act
as a messenger for the living.  Third, for those dying, the Shaman can
assist the dying to have a peaceful journey to the land of the dead.

>The third level contains
>symbols, which includes herbs as symbols, like a 4 leaf clover for luck.

This also includes words, chants and songs that can heal and bring changes.
Symbolism is a way in which the Shaman can express connectedness with the
indescribable, and is often used as a way of connecting with the world of
phenomena.  Also, drawing is another way of bringing about healing, such as
the Taoist symbolic calligraphy for anything that might ail a person.

>The
>4th level uses identity, you identify with what you're trying to understand
>or heal , again 95%, and then lovingly heal yourself. It's all in our heads.

This goes with using imagery to heal the afflicted area.  In the Spiritual
Madness tape, she gave an example of a little boy with cancer who imagined
himself in a baseball game (I think) with the cancer as the opposing team.
Eventually, he was able to imagine himself winning the game and told his
mother that he does not need treatment any more.

>I echo seeking your own salvation. It's a Buddhist principle as well as a
>theosphical one, and I like it, because it doesn't blame any one else,
>including God or Karma or your parents for what eventually happens to you.
>If you can figure out a way to resolve your dilemma the Karma changes. I was
>taught that the Theosophical belief is that we are on earth to learn, to
>learn just that, until we become godlike people.

I often find that it sometimes is hard to learn in depth while juggling
making a living, relationships, and career goals.  Sometimes I feel like
doing one thing, other time other things.  I try to learn as much as I can,
either through life experience, picking up a book, listening to a tape, or
watching a movie.  When life gets too busy, there are basics that I keep
up.  One is to pray daily as a way of staying connected to the unknown.
The other is to stay in touch with my intuition, which is another way to
stay connected with the unknown.  During those times, when I don't have
time to verbalize complex philosophies, I can just "feel" the
indescribable.

Sometimes I wonder whether the ultimate learning experience is just
learning to "be."  When I was studying engineering, my thought was that I
would graduate to a good job and income.  I realized that it's more
important to do what I love to do.  I decided to become an artist.  When I
was in art school, I got caught up in the craze that art has to make a big
statement, a big New York sensation.  I realized that that is not
important.  What's important to me is that art is an enjoyment.  Making art
should be a way of being, a way of connecting with the source, and not a
way of developing an ego trip...chop wood, carry water.  I just read in the
newspaper today regarding a woman celebrating her 20 years working at
MacDonald's.  She was as happy and satisfied as she can be, and is looking
forward to many more years.

>Toa, I don't think the Path is narrow, because that's a limiting thought.
>Seems to me that the Path must be as broad as there are people to tread it,
>because each of us approaches it from a different angle. I haven't figured
>out yet how that jives with being very loving and very ethical, needed
>qualtities, which seem to narrow the path ... maybe it's because Love and
>ethics need to be applied to the situation at hand, which is always
>different. And sometimes what's ethical in one instance, isn't in another.
>
>When you say "It's not what is done, but the state of mind" I guess that
>fits in with the end of my last paragrqaph. but there's also that the
>Masters said "To us, motive is everything."
>
>You've raised a lot of good issues.
>
>Liesel

That is why everything is a dance.  We can't really take any one thing and
make a hard fast rule about it.  We have to rely on our intuitive sense to
help us make our decisions.  On the other hand, we need to apply the
concept of distinction.  We all need to make choices one way or another.
Even those who claim to have no judgment whatsover have strong judgments.

>I left out an important component of Serge King's second level:
>Everything is connected, which makes ESP possible. ESP is not possiblee on
>the 1st level.

I totally agree with that.  Without connectedness, we would be all alone in
this world.  Some philosophy believes that we came into the world alone and
we die alone.  That's kind of sad.  The wonders of the unknown are
nonexistent.  It's easy to come to the conclusion that there is no meaning
to existence.  We are born, live, pay bills, and then we die.  Kaput!
Another bug on the windshield of life.

                O          O
                 \        /
                  \      /