Re: an idea

Apr 04, 1997 04:47 PM
by Thoa Tran

Liesel:

>Thoa,
>
>I agree with you. Crank calls are unpleasant & upsetting to say the least.
>I've had a few in my time. I'm glad you managed to scare him off. I usually
>hang up, & then unhook my phone for 1/2 hour.
>I once got a  very graphic description on my answering machine from some nut
>who thought my friendly "please leave a message" meant I was a prostitute.
>For a while, a small girl with a filthy mouth left messages on my answering
>machine every few days. Also, she was going to come over & rape me. I felt
>really badly that a small child was doing this. It was a call for help,
>which I had no way of answering, since I didn't know who she was. So finally
>I disconnected my answering machine for a few months.
>
>Just so you don't think you're all alone in this.
>
>Liesel

Thanks, Liesel.  From my experience, acting scared does not help, acting
nice does not help, and plain hanging up doesn't help.  I refuse to let
such a person have any effect on my life.  Thus, I decided I was going to
have fun with it.  I've adopted the tyrannical mother persona, the
religious fanatic persona, and the person on vacation from mental hospital
persona.  I would advise any woman to not hesitate to be totally crazy,
disgusting, or aggressive whenever the situation calls for it.  The point
is to be the one in control.

I think the private exchanging of phone numbers and addresses is good.  If
anyone needs my info., let me know.  If I don't give it to you, then you
know I think you're a wacko. :o)

Thoa