Re: THEOS-L digest 896

Feb 10, 1997 04:40 AM
by C Kent

>>Christine
>>Yes, when the fearful started to say, aren't you afraid of what they will do
>>to you, I asked them just what they thought the TS could do to me for
>>exercising my democratic right as a member.  The answers included, psychic
>>or mental attack, legal action, character assassination, and horror of
>>horrors, throw me out of the society!

Chuck
>Being kicked out of such a bunch might be considered an honor.  As far as
>psychic an mental attack is concerned, for some inexplicable reason no one
>has ever threatened me with that except for a seriously deranged
>ex-girlfriend when she slipped on her medication.

Just by way of clarification, I must say that no-one has actually threatened
me with these things, except the chracter assassination which is well beyond
threats.  The fear of them is in the folklore, so if you look like stepping
out of line your "friends" will warn you that "they" will do these things to
you.

>But speaking from some experience, I highly recommend having a reputation for
>bad character.  Then no one can attack it and it really keeps people out of
>your hair.

I had never thought of this one.  So if I make myself as thoroughly
obnoxious as possible (not hard in this environment, more a matter of
ceasing the effort to remain civilised under duress) and put my hand up to
every form of deviant behaviour known to man or woman, I will have nothing
left to fear?  Novel approach but consistent with the Castandeda approach if
not the Mahatma's.   ;-)

Christine

"K. Paul Johnson" wrote
>>If one of the European independent Theosophical groups (and I
>>don't know their approaches very well) decided to look for
>>disaffected current and ex-Adyar members to form a North
>>American section, there are probably hundreds who would be
>>immediately interested in such a proposal.  The situation looks
>>ripe for some sort of competitor to Adyar to reach out to the
>>many many people who have been alienated.
Alan wrote
>Existing TI members could do this NOW, if they have the will ... and
>many of them are right there in North America NOW, like you, Paul!

Do we need to do anything outside the TS?

One fundamental occult concept which seems to be missing from the TS but
which is used by AMORC, Alice Bailey, Dion Fortune etc is that of Egregore
(group mind, sphere).  Are people familiar with this concept (it is not the
same as thought form)?  According to this concept (simplistically), the TS
(and every other grouping) has a group mind into which the members put all
their ideas and out of which they draw their new ideas.

So if I join the TS and come into harmony with it, my ideas enter the mind,
and more importantly the strong ideas in the mind filter through into me.
Through this mechanism,  Iwill become either imbued with the positive
throughts in the group mind and/or infected over time by the negative
behaviours which are registered in the mind, even though I may not have
possessed them (to any great degree) when I entered the group.  Well we know
which way this tends to work.

But we can start to take control of this process rather than it taking
control of us?  We know the form that the negative behaviours take, and we
can actively work to counteract them by avoiding them in ourselves and
strengthening the positive behaviours.   As an individual, I cannot do much
to improve the state of the group mind, but a group can.  This is one
unexplored power of the InterNet I would like to examine.  If there are
sufficient of us united across the world doing something positive and
optmistic, can we imbue the TS group mind with stronger positive attributes,
which we do not apparently have the power to do as isolated individuals in
our local lodges.

Does anyone know what I am talking about - and what do you think?

Christine

>Jerry Hehka-Ekins wrote
>
>> Around 1890 HPB said that the soul of the TS was already killed
>> by Olcott and only a corpse remains.
>
>Jerry, do you have a reference for this? I'm interested for several
>reasons. Thanks.

Could anyone who has any information on printed references for predictions,
visions etc regarding the TS, please let me know.  Apart from the Pryse one
mentioned before (I don't know if I can find the source for this) and now
the Olcott one above, I have also heard that somewhere in Old Diary Leaves
Olcott says that someone said that there would be no new revelations through
the TS for 100 years from 1897, (which means the 100 years is now up).

Does anyone know where I can find these three and any more which may be of
interest?

Christine