Re: Better than expected

Feb 09, 1997 08:54 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 10:03 AM 2/9/97 -0500, Paul wrote:

>The only emotional reaction I have is to the sight of the new
>Quest, and how symbolic it is that the former Quest was big and
>eclectic and shiny, while the new Quest is small and narrow and
>drab.

We have had discussions about the high fog index of former Quest which was
big and eclectic and shiny. For most of the un-scholarly ordinary readers
like me, most of its contents were un-understandable and my copies ended up
routinely in the waste paper basket as soon as it arrived. One time I even
asked Wheaton not to mail me a copy so that some trees and money could be saved.

In addition a huge fortune of money was spent on former Quest as there was
not enough subscribers to make it self sustaining. In the light of the
above, I am one those who are very glad to see the disappearance of the
former Quest.

Whether the new one is small and narrow and drab, I will let the readers
make up their own mind.

MKR

So I am