Re: [reply]

Feb 06, 1997 03:43 PM
by Benjamin Mark Pybus

Thoa,

>What about those women just having the characteristics of strong women.

Aren't the characteristics of strong men and strong women exactly the same
in the last analysis, since we are all converging to same point, the human
monad.

>No, I actually want balance...

I agree that there may have been too much logic, structure, and
leadership.However, are you saying we should through pure creative
expression build structures that are chaotic (illogical), emotionally led
and are perfectly decentralised? Here in the UK decentralisation of
government might be a useful thing being a rather small society, but in the
US it will cause chaotic behaviour which if is not not stablised logically
will lead to the destruction of the structures put forward. When you
question leadership, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, you are
questioning the whole of the hierarical struture of the TS!

I am not "comfortable" with the way things are at the moment in society, but
one must not take such a short-sighted viewpoint, we have the whole of the
manvantara to get things perfectly in order. That is not to say that we
should rest on our laurels, theosophical students should be the dynamic
forces within any society, but one cannot allow emotional reaction to
dictate our future structures. That leads to extremist reactionries,
religious fanatics, and political dictatorships. We should build up our
intellectual faculties to develop rational solutions.

The current of respect,rightly or wrongly, is alternating in nature not
simply because of men's emotional patterns but is I believe a natural
process of the divine law of periodicity being expressed in the human
kingdom which women can learn more about themselves from.What is the "normal
effective resistance of life" by the way?

Kym,

No, I was not asking if women feel that they are being exploited when it
comes to having children. The Q. had not even entered my head but perhaps it
might be useful. The response ofcourse depends on your racial,intellectual,
and emotional expression. What is true in your reality is not of necessity
true of other women. Therefore, unless you did a worldwide survey,in all
social classes and did a summation you would get an invalid answer.

Vanity is related to selfishness. Vanity is also related to intent.Intent is
related to creative expression. Creative expression is the essence of either
involution or evolution. If the intention of the individual is to produce a
child regardless of the evolutionary goal then it is selfishness. If that
selfishness is due to moral behaviour which is perceived by the individual
as right but by the whole as unhelpful and preventing the evolutionary path
I call that vanity.

By "male personality defects" I mean selfishness on the part of the male
species. I mean the mechanisms that prevent balance, and that do not allow a
channel for divine expression in spirit-matter.

The path of least resistance IMHO is that line of force which was followed
by the Third Logos at the beginning of the manvantara with the uttering of
the Word and it is the same "line" that the monad is "on".
Since we are all a part of the human monad the "flow of force" is an
illusion in absolute terms but in terms of human consciousness at this point
in our evolution we believe we are separate from it. We perceive it more
easily in the male/female relationships and so we are drawn towards it hence
the path of least resistance. Perhaps the reason why women are all potential
is simply because in relative terms they are more easily knowing that the
monad IS what they are, hence less dynamic activity.I hope I've made the
slightest bit of sense.

By restraining the "flow of force" women are more able to show men how to
"stop" for a monent and perceive what they are, and show them that they do
not need dynamic response in order to produce creative expression. That is
not to say that men are "feeble"!!!

Sorry for the long post.
Ben