Re: The Big Three

Feb 03, 1997 05:22 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

> From: Drpsionic@aol.com
>
> For example, in Mary Lutyens' memoir of Krishnamurti's youth (I think it's To
> Be Young), she refers to Leadbeater coming to great them in Sydney leaning on
> the arm of his then favorite very young man.  Now, from what we know of
> Leadbeater's behavior, it doesn't take much to infer why he was the favorite.
>  In fact, from the description, it is damned obvious.

CWL was wearing a purple cassock and leaning on his current golden-haired favorite,
as Emily tells it in "Candle in the Sun".  I had to smile at that one.

> The problem with the inner circle of the TS at that time was that they were
> like the three men on the desert island who got very rich by trading their
> hats around.  They only talked to each other and only listened to each other
> and fed off each other so that there was no force to remind them that what
> they were saying was nonsense.  The airhead--er--arhat business is a prime
> example.  So they had these three organizations, actually independant of each
> other, but they figured out a way to sort of glue them to serve their
> purposes, only they didn't consciously know that.  They actually persuaded
> themselves that they had found the key to the future of humanity.   Now we,
> from our perspective, can easily see that they had simply gone off the deep
> end and were ripe for a padded room with a view,but no one who was around
> them did until Krishnamurti came to his senses and told everyone to get a
> life.

My #1 question about K is exactly what "life" did he want them to get?
As I read more about him, he NEVER was keen on rituals or organizations
even when he was young and being groomed by TS.  He seems to me
that he was a candidate for a job that he never really wanted.

My take on the big three (LCC,TS/ES, Co-M) at this time is that that they were vehicles to
push people's evolution - legit tools.  Perhaps the people involved in these
organizations began to lose sight of the evolution part and become much more
intrigued with the organizational part, especially if they could rise to some
powerful position.

I also surmise that the reason that those belonging to all three, especially the ES,
were candidates for positions of power because they had gone through
the evolutionary process and were either initiates or on their way to
becoming initiates.  The idea of having organizations headed by people who
were supposed to be spiritually ahead must have been desirable.  But did
it always work?  I think even initiates can fail.

For myself, the LCC was very influential in pushing my evolution and the
TS part is more important to me now.  How will the big three fare in the
future?  Will there be new ways of pushing people's evolution and getting
them initiated?

As Dr. Who said, "Time will tell, it always does."

-AEB