Re: Truth and/or Consequences

Jan 27, 1997 03:46 AM
by Tom Robertson

Richard Ihle wrote:

>However, I must disagree with you on the issue of never exposing your >sexist language (and, by extension, most other qualities which one would >think that the women would find objectionable).  The key, in my opinion, is >not to worry so much about your negatives, but just make sure you make a >strong impression on them one way or another.  The reason for this is that >it has been my experience that women tend to see men of the semi-descript >middle ground as merely consolation prizes.

This makes sense.  I've always felt that my total failure in this area is
not due to any particularly repellent qualities (since I've gotten to be
pretty good at hiding all of them), but that I am just too damn boring.

> I think that it is unlikely that a man who does not, at the core of himself,
>actually believe that women are far greater prizes than he could ever be will
>be very successful.

If this is true, then who succeeds with women is deterministic, since no
one can control such core beliefs.  If the woman really is such a superior
being, she will eventually realize it herself, and the relationship will be
doomed.  He will feel obligated to her and she will realize that she could
do better.  The only stable relationship is between equals.