Re: Wheaton Minutes

Jan 21, 1997 11:46 AM
by Jerry Hejka-Ekins

>Bart Wrote in Reply
>       I go by my statement; you have the right to see
>       the minutes from Wheaton, but they do not have the
>       responsibility to do your research for you. In
>       addition, I do not have the time to do the full research,
>       either; I'm certain that Sy can fill you in on the dates
>       involved.
>I stated in my original message, Sy has no memory of ANY minutes
>from Wheaton coming to the Miami Lodge in the five years he was
>President in any form.
>You do not need to do any research, just supply the year. That
>will give me a place to start. As you haved seen the actual
>documentation, please give me the year. Wheaton could only have
>two or three inutes to suplly at best. There has been NO
>confirmation of your geting a copy of the minutes by any
>postings to date. Please Bart, give me a hand and
>forward the information.
>Thanks once again for your efforts on my behalf.
>Ken Malkin

JHE
The Board meetings are held in January and July of each year in
an office in the main headquarters building.  A summarized (i.e.
edited) form of the minutes are usually published in THE AMERICAN
THEOSOPHIST.  The summary contains that information which
Headquarters wants you to know and what they don't care that you
know.  Wheaton considers how a Board member voted on an issue to
be a major secret.  Therefore it is unlikely that they will allow
any non Board member to see the actual minutes, which might
reveal this kind of information.  If you succeed in getting
copies of the minutes without using or threatening legal action,
then my hat is off to you.  If Bart has a copy of the minutes, I
will appreciate it if he forwards me a copy too.  I will happily
pay his copying and postage expenses.

   |Jerry Hejka-Ekins,                      |
      |Member TI, TSA, TSP, ULT                |
         |Please reply to: jhe@toto.csustan.edu   |
            |and CC to jhejkaekins@igc.apc.org       |