Occult Chemistry on Alchemy-list

Nov 17, 1996 03:22 PM
by Maxim Osinovsky

Alchemy-list are discussing B&L's Occult Chemistry.
Forwarding a few messages. (Cross-fertilization...)

> To: Multiple recipients of list ALCHEMY-LIST <ALCHEMY-LIST@SERVICES.WEB.AOL.COM>
> Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 22:25:12 -0800
> From: Michael Prescott

>The book was Occult Chemistry and was opened to the page showing
>tritium, a then unknown (in non-occult circles) radioactive isotope of
>hydrogen.

The inter-war periods of the 20th century gave light to an amazing
amount of material that arose in previous periods in North America, Germany,
and as much of Europe. The fear was that the information would be lost
forever
after the disolution of the European order in WW I.

Among the other noteworthies, in 1926 there is documented evidence to
suggest knowledge of the existence of not only the alternate hydrogen
isotopes:
   Deuterium and Tritium
but also the elemental positions of Neptunium and Plutonium within the
periodic table (albeit, the names were those as given by the author).
This was one of the works of Walter Russell,  whom from the circumstance
and timeframe listed in the 'Fulcanelli' work, strongly suggests that he was
the subject of the story at one point.

There is a long-standing tradition of anonymity associated with published
works of this sort:
   Leadbeatter? (c'mon)
   Admiral Led? (Pb Randolf)
   Anton Kirchweger (the Churchgoer)
   Basil Valentine (Tholde, perhaps)

It behooves the investigator to judge the value of the work on its own merit
(at many levels), rather than the personality of the author. The worse case
arises when the reader's personal world-view cannot tolerate an alternate
world-view no matter how irrelevant or innoquous. A Reichian might label
that person as emotionally-plagued.

Frankly, if you aren't willing to consider the alternatives, why bother?
This is the price of admission; arm-chair occultists need not apply.
It is a pity to see how few (even today) appreciate why this is still so.

[ follow-ups ignored ]

> To: Multiple recipients of list ALCHEMY-LIST <ALCHEMY-LIST@SERVICES.WEB.AOL.COM>
> From: Adam McLean
> Date: 17th Nov 1996

>Raymond P. Cullen
>The book was Occult Chemistry and was opened to the page showing
>tritium, a then unknown (in non-occult circles) radioactive isotope of
>hydrogen.

Can you give the page number? I cannot find a reference to 'Tritium'  in
my copy of Occult Chemisty. Leadbeater did describe an element called
'Occultum' which he places between Hydrogen and Helium.

>There is a long-standing tradition of anonymity associated with published
>works of this sort:
> Leadbeatter? (c'mon)

Leadbeater's name was not pseudonymous. He was a well known theosophist
and worked with Annie Besant, discovering Krishnamurti, and training him
for his role as the world teacher. He was later involved in a notorious
court case.

>Mark House
>Each line of a vortex is also a vortex, each set of spirals have
>subspirals. For 6 levels.

The famous picture of an interwoven spiral which Besant and Leadbeater
presented as describing the 'ultimate physical atom' seen through his
clairvoyance was actually taken from a book published 20 years earlier.

Babbitt, Edwin. Principles of Light and Colour, 1878.

Adam McLean

Adam McLean wrote:
> Can you give the page number? I cannot find a reference to 'Tritium'
in my copy of >Occult Chemisty. Leadbeater did describe an element called
'Occultum' which he >places between Hydrogen and Helium.

Adam, you have me at a disadvantage since I have never possessed Occult
Chemistry, nor looked at it again. It was 5 years ago, and I am probably
mistaken about the use of the word "tritium." As I recollect, the atom
did have the structure of tritium. However, 'Occultum' may well have
been what I was looking at.