1996

Nov 06, 1996 07:02 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Dear Patrick,

Seems to me that trying to direct certain matters from DC is not
dictatorship. It's just not what the Republicans believe in. This argument
is as old as both parties, the Democrats believe in having federal laws &
regulations; the Republicans believe in having all government done locally.
I suggest that some of it is better done from DC, and some of it is better
done locally.

I don't know why people keep on harping on that Clinton changes his mind all
the time. I find that a very smart way to maneuver. He has an idea, and one
way of working it doesn't fly, so he tries another approach, and to some
people it comes off as changing his mind. I think it's showing flexibility.

Liesel