To Allen with Love - views on reincarnation & karma

Jul 30, 1996 10:21 PM
by James S Yungkans

had to step in here, as the waters appear a little like the Ganges (Turbid
and full of disease!)

>One memory cold be a past life recall, but fits the "reincarnating
>quickly" model, and is (as all similar ones are) a sepcial case - death
>in battle.  I was in a 1st World War aircraft, and was shot down (1918).
>Reborn in 1933 with an otherwise unaccountably emotional attachment to
>songs of WWI.

The difficulty in this concept is that one assumes that one's "Past Life
Recall" is one's real past life.  If we were to assume (Ass-U-Me always in
mind) that the past life is infact one of HPB's "Shells" which has simply
been attracted to you by "Sympathetic Vibration", "Magnetism", or what have
you..Then how can you claim it to be your own.  Example: If I were to be
attracted to 50's Music, Hot Rods, Malt shops, etc. (including individuals
from this time period), did I die playing "Chicken" or crashing the Car to
only be reborn.  Example two:  If I'm drawn to a detailed memory (from my
own researches) of dying in WWII as a Jewish American soldier who went to
war because of the Anti-Semetic acts of the Nazis. could I have been born in
time for Example 1.  IF BOTH ARE TRUE, THEN COULD ALL THREE BIRTHS
(INCLUDING CURRENT) be Accurate?  (by sheer logic, it is, however most
unlikly.)  it is more likely that, due to pre-programmed vibrations from
Parents, Siblings, Relatives, etc..that you attract these "Shells" to you
only to play back their memories as your own...Ponder on this one before
getting too deep in this pit.  Next time you might claim to be Edgar Allen
Poe, and.....

>Often, if someone I know has a relative or near one who has
>just died, I "see" them or even "hear from" them, but only within the
>first few days after their decease.  All my experiences in this area
>*confirm* the general ideas and experiences of the spiritualists.  So,
>my reincarnation experiences are more in accord with spiritualist
>experiences than theosophical teaching suggests.

These two statements are not synonimous (and are a perfect example of
"Apples and Mangos.")  A) during the first few days someone might be
"available for comment" since they would still be undergoing their "Life
Review" (per some other teachings), however this does not condone
spiritualist viewpoints.  As far as seeing someone dead for a longer period
(Years, or Decades) you might find the materials in Collected Writings #1 of
interest.  HPB could materialize, at will, if she so desired (and this is
documented) but she attributed the "Spirits" to the memories of the
individuals present, not to the presence of the  person materialized.
"Shells" (Kama-Rupas) can be used by elementals, with interesting results,
but that is something I think allen doesn't believe in.

Not meaning to "take to scrap" anyone's viewpoints, but the following might
be of interest:

If we look at the insight of Mr. Bain, we find the following errors
1) the assumption that the human kingdom is not moving forward
2) that the animal kingdom is advancing faster than we are
3) that we shall be overrun by the overpopulation.

If mankind was not moving forward, how would one explain the growth in
psychic ability on as mass scale (which is an opening of the mind to the
forces of the other realms, or "Awakening the Dreamer")

The distinction between the animal kingdom and mankind is not PHYSICAL.  The
message that everone should think about is that "GOD #$@#" gorilla in
Darwinian clothes.  Humans, physically, are ANIMALS.  The human aspect is
the individualization from the "Group Spirit" (As defined in our teachings),
or an ascent from the descent into matter, and ascent into our human monadic
self.  To get into details will require you to understand that you will
become "Group Spirits" with your ATOMS becomming monads for future
diminsions/generations/etc.  Reincarnation on a massive scale can be seen as
the re-birthing you experience when your cells are replaced every howmany
years?  If each cell is a LIFE (or incarnating ego) then perhaps you, as a
Cell in the body of [Your Personal] God simply await rebirth until the body
[of the personal GOD] provides the oportunity for you.  Interesting thought.
(Someone want to continue/rebuke this one?)

Alan, don't consider this an attack.  Your views appear to be very much like
those from the late 1800s (spiritist all the way.)  As someone who also
shares your "Sight" and "Hearing", please be aware that you and I both "KNOW
what were talking about."  you simply have chosen to disregard the notices
of others who have seen these PHENOMINAS for what they are, while I have
chosen to read the guideposts left behind by others.

                                James

P.S. Angels, Devs, Devels, Dragons, and all that stuff are the things that
dreams are made of...this does not deny their reality, only defines their
place in this "System." Food for thought.  I expect Mr. Bain's next post to
be something on the order of "I only chewed in self-defence, but I never
swallowed." (words of "Draco")