Re: The Uncola

Jul 28, 1996 12:01 PM
by Jerry Schueler

> I feel that the TS should sharply distinguish itself from other groups
>or systems that stress crystals, tarot, magickal rituals, and similar
practices.
>Notice that I do not condemn such activities; they can be valuable in imparting
>a curiosity about higher forms of esotericism. But they cannnot substitute for
>the deeper teachings. It has nothing to do with brotherhood. It is simply a
>fact.

	Frank, this is not only arrogant, as but misguided.  "crystals,
tarot, and rituals" are all techniques.  You are comparing techniques
to "deeper teachings."  This is like saying that soup is better than
a spoon.  But without the spoon, how does one taste the soup? The
"fact" of the matter is, rituals and crystals can be used to directly
experience those "deeper teachings" that otherwise remain
just mental gymnastics.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI