Re: Memories

May 22, 1996 11:54 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:07 AM 5/23/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Seems as good a way of presenting it as any to me!
>
>In message <2.2.32.19960522070323.006a8100@mail.slip.net>, alexis
>dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>>O.K. First let's start with the most important thing in which I believe, and
>>that is "NOBODY WAS EVER ANYBODY ELSE". In that sense I believe
>>reincarnation to be a misconception. The Perispirit, or Monad, or Atman, or
>>Reincarnating Jiva, or whatever one chooses to call the Intrinsic evolving
>>intelligence, manifests itself on and in the levels of the physical
>>realities via a serial progression of physical entities(LINE OF
>>MANIFESTATION). Each of them is unique, they are inter-related but NOT
>>inter-connected. Each successive physical manifestation on any particular
>>"Line Of Manifestation" is utterly unique unto itself but is also the sum
>>and substance of all development to that time.

>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>
>Thanks Alan: I have long felt, as a result of my many experiences in the
spiritual community, the psychis commuity, and the new age community, that
the concept of "reincarnation" if not very carefully presented and hedged
about with "caveats" can lead people into the most incredible foolishness!
The concept that "NOBODY WAS EVER ANYBODY" prevents that kind of ego
masturbation. It's interesting General George S. Patton was firmly convinced
that he was the "reincarnation" of Hannibal. But truly Hannibal was Hannibal
and George was George and the connection (if any) was through the line of
development of th manifesting Perispirit who MAY or MAY NOT have been either
or both of them. Now, for instance, I have now, and have always have, my
entire life long, had very strong and frightening (being shot in the face)
memories of having been murdered as a young boy. Now I know where it
happened, how it happened, and to whom it happened 16 years to the day
before I was born, but the way I see it I wasn't that boy, but both that boy
and I are manifestations of the same Perispirit/Monad/Reincarnating Jiva or
what I call the immortal evolving never carnate intelligence.

alexis