Re: Memories

May 22, 1996 00:03 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:59 PM 5/21/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Sure, but *whose* memories are they?  As we are all (it says here) part
>of the universal unity, why should I not be able to share in the
>memories of people long past, though I was never incarnated as that
>person?  Some of the more recent hypnotic regression stuff supports this
>view, as does a quote I will find and post (from a different source
>altogether).
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk

O.K. First let's start with the most important thing in which I believe, and
that is "NOBODY WAS EVER ANYBODY ELSE". In that sense I believe
reincarnation to be a misconception. The Perispirit, or Monad, or Atman, or
Reincarnating Jive or whatever one chooses to call the Intrinsic evolving
intelligence, manifests itself on and in the levels of the physical
realities via a serial progression of physical entities(LINE OF
MANIFESTATION). Each of them is unique, they are inter-related but NOT
inter-connected. Each successive physical manifestation on any particular
"Line Of Manifestation" is utterly unique unto itself but is also the sum
and substance of all development to that time.

Personality Integration occurs when a particular line reaches it's "end
zone" and is quit of the need to physically manifest, at that point in time
the current physical manifestation merges it's consciousness with those of
all the previous manifestation (who are extant on the non-physical planes)
and with that of the "Perispirit" and they become a unified being, and
integrated personality, what religion and theosophy calls an enlightened being.

That is, of course, hardly the ONLY source of memories, and it is certainly
the least common. The common sub-consciousness is the most commons source of
"memories" and then of course they are simply the planetary data-bank, which
is a far better term, I think, than Akashic Records.

In metaphysics if an idea is "simple" it's probably mistaken for abstract
things grow infinitely more complex the more abstract they become.

Alexis