Character incompatibility; alt.theosophy; Murray

May 22, 1996 08:03 AM
by Martin_Euser

Martin >Of course there's the question of the more 'experientially-oriented'
versus the more 'theoretical-philosophically' inclined people.

Murray>Indeed. The ironic thing is that there's always an experiential aspect to
philosophical enquiry, and an inherent philosophical aspect to experience.
Yet another spectrum that people sometimes manage to get themselves at
opposite ends of, and lose sight of the connection!

Exactly! In my little story to Liesel and Doss you will find ample clues
for philosophizing.

Murray>We can see the variation of interpretation, the projection onto
others, the hurt, the indignation, .... . Just like any family. Well, though
people often say at this point, "Where has the brotherhood gone?", in fact
the siblingship is operating at full strength! We're being real with each other,
in terms of letting our feelings and reactions show.
But it is precisely in working to understand such interactions, both in
ourselves and in others, that we grow the body of humanity..
. A web of relationships engaged in,and in process of transmutation.
 Isn't "World Wide Web" one of the most
brilliant terms ever devised? And we're in it, in its broader sense.

I believe you're absolutely right here, Murray.

>So, who else has been thinking about this kind of integration

Murray> Ha. I'm so glad you said these things. I've been thinking about this
 kind of integration a great deal, and strive to realise more of its
 ramifications.

Could you tell us about that? You're finding yourself in good company!
Maybe some of us can join forces, contribute something to the realization
of this striving.

Murray> In fact, if we don't make at least some connection between the older
 expressions of theosophy and the realms of current discovery, not to mention
 day-to-day experience, we don't get very far in offering the treasure that
 lies in the theosophical offering to those who could most appreciate it.

Indeed. Do you have specific types of audiences/appreciators in mind?

Murray>The business world has come up with a definition of marketing as "Finding
needs and meeting them", and I find it difficult to keep that out of the
central group of reasons for the TS's existence in my mind.

Oh yes, there are all kinds of needs and we *can* meet them if we want,
if we have an open eye and ear to those needs.

Murray> Do consider that you are included in my general expression of
 disapproval. This is after all, just like one big family.

Well, well, the humour level is certainly raising on theos-l..
What about a contest who can be the most humorous :)

Love you, you lot.
Murray

Love you too.
Martin