TSA Election Tally

May 22, 1996 06:51 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

Hi

This is a follow up on the TSA Election Tally.  As I had earlier posted, the
National Secretary had informed me that he is not authorized to release the
vote count.

I have Faxed the following message to John Algeo. The letter is
self-explanatory.

I will let you know when I receive a response from him.

        ....Ramadoss

                            FAX MESSAGE

 May 23, 1996

 John Algeo
 National President
 Theosophical Society in America
 Wheaton IL

                      ELECTION VOTING TALLY

 Dear Bro. Algeo:

 On May 16, 1996, I Faxed you two letters on Election Voting
 Tally. The first one was a request to Fax me the Tally details
 and the second one inquiring as to why there is difficulty in
 releasing the vote count information. The second was sent
 because William N Greer, National Secretary informed me that he
 is not authorized to release vote count. In my FAX letters I had
 requested you to respond by FAX or e-mail. On May 20, 1996, I
 sent you a follow up fax requesting you to expedite your
 response by FAX.

 As of this writing, you have not responded. On May 16, 1996 when
 I was informed by your secretary that you were travelling and
 you would get my faxes when you are back this week, I requested
 her by FAX to forward my Faxes to you wherever you are
 travelling since Faxes can be sent anywhere in the world -
 airports, hotels, convenience stores, office supply places etc.
 and also mentioned that if there is a problem to let me know.

 Not receiving any Fax response so far from you for the non
 release of vote count is very intriguing on this very time
 sensitive matter. It appears that there may be an expectation
 from your end that the delay may make the release issue go away.

 Votes have been counted. The vote counts cannot be kept secret
 for any reason. Your attempt in not disclosing the counts, only
 raises further speculation as to why there is unnecessary
 secrecy. Unnecessary secrecy has caused much problem to many
 organizations in the past. My request for the details is in no
 way a request for any special favor from you. You as the
 President, has the responsibility to quickly and satisfactorily
 respond to a reasonable inquiry from a member.

 This lack of quick response from you and your keeping the tally
 details secret coming on the heels of the procedures and tactics
 adopted in bylaws changes and the retroactive disenfranchisement
 of members does not help TSA or TS.

 I hope you will understand the situation and I would appreciate
 your arranging immediately to FAX me the tally of the vote count
 for each candidate in the ballot (including uncontested races).

 With fraternal greetings
                                         Yours fraternally

                                         M. K. Ramadoss
                                         Member TSA