Re: Mercury Retrograde (reply to Murray)

May 22, 1996 00:31 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 12:24 AM 5/22/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Murray:
>
>Good posting. You're reflecting on the psychological undertones of our
>discussions and the periodic tide of anger that increases with the
>full moon. <smile> With mercury retrograde until next Monday afternoon (PST),
>we have a few more days of misunderstanding before us. Maybe after than
>everything will be clear again.
>
>>Alexis is too opinionated, and far too experiential for his own good.
>
>He's trying to shock us into new insights, using tried-and-proven
>shamanistic techniques. The only problem is that the techniques work
>in a psychological context, and not on a plane of pure intellect.

Alexis comments:

My God, I've finally succeeded, for the last 50 years everyone's been
telling me I was infinitely too Ivory Tower,  too "pure intellectual"!
Joseph G. Miller (San Francisco TSA), who was a legitimate Zen Roshi and an
equally legitimate Sufi Murshid; used to tell me: "You can get more stinken
from thinken than drinken but to feel is for real", and here I am, just
about 20 years later, getting told I am "too experiential for my own good",
I've succeeded, for no one can ever be too experiential for their own good!
But, as I know, also from bitter experience, that one can very easily get to
intellectual for one's own good. I'll therefore stay the way I am!

>>Alan is too flippant, and word-miserly. Oh, yes, and experiential too.
>
>He's the diplomatic statesman awaiting his first appointment by the
>Masters as ambassador to globe d. Until then, he'll have to settle
>for being the unofficial president of the biggest active theosophical
>society in the world.
>
>>Chuck is just too much. Obviously has experiences, I would say.
>
>There's a rinzai temple looking for him. He's a wanted man! His one-liners
>have earned him a reputation as the world champion koan master, and the
>sect with the big sticks wants his leadership.
>
>>Dan is too reasonable. Look out.
>
>I think that HPB said that in BCW, XII, 14, para. 3, in reference to
>the Solar Pitris in their role of quickeners of humanity. The problem
>is that while Daniel is searching for citations, the world is looking
>for published books wherein *he* can be cited.
>
>>Eldon is too considered and good-natured.
>
>It must come from being married. Sometimes theos-l seems calmer
>than home life, easier to stay out of trouble. I must, though, like
>sunburns, because I keep finding them in this hangout.
>
>>JRC is too strident, and dangerously perceptive.
>
>Remind me not to run against him for any T.S. office. I'll stay
>behind the scenes as a worker/contributor, and leave the battles to
>the dragon slayers. (Someone ask Alexis to stop tossing a dragon
>costume over me!)

DRAGON?????DRAGON?????You??????? Tetse fly maybe, Dragon never!