Re: 'Message from Internet';buddhi-manas 'techniques'

May 18, 1996 03:43 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 05:43 PM 5/18/96 -0400, you wrote:

>This last sentence sounds really strange to me. My experience shows me
>that spirituality *can* be experienced in the waking state, although
>there is actually a gradual integration taking place between the waking,
>sleeping and dreaming state, in the sense that these states become
>correlated with, effused with, inner consciousness. One becomes the witness,
>so to speak, of ones acts and thoughts. A gradual process of course.
>This gives also an explanation of lucid dreaming, I think. One becomes
>more aware of what is happening on/in the astral planes in ones auric egg.
>At some point one may need to leave the body to explore these planes
>in-depth.
>

>Martin

As an active Shaman of long experience, I have to agree with what you say.
One gradually becomes aware of existing in both realities simultaneously,
the two realities being the physical levels of reality, and the infinitely
greater reality itself. A Shaman exists as a functional bridge between
realities and as such, I believe it is a mistake to create barriers between
the realities that do not actually exist. My major disagreement with
Mahayana Buddhism and Brahminism is that I feel they have engaged in
intellectually based technical model making for altogether too long, and as
a result all they have is an intellectually based model of reality. I, for
one, believe in an experientially based model of reality. I also believe
that all human beings, from time to time, have glimpses of the greater
reality and this is what leads them forward.

alexis