Re: 'Message from Internet';buddhi-manas 'techniques'

May 18, 1996 02:42 PM
by Martin_Euser

Jerry>	Actually, I think "sharp intellect" is more an impediment
	than a help.  It certainly is not necessary.

It is not necessary, but is a great help for those who try to promulgate
theosophical teachings, provided it is subservient to buddhi.

Martin> I am more or less *convinced* that it is not necessary to travel
astrally in
	>order to develop spiritual qualities.

Jerry>I am not sure what you mean by "travel astrally."  If you mean
	visit the astral plane, then I agree.

Yes, I mean leaving the body and visit the astral plane(s).

 Jerry> But I don't know how to develop spiritually while in the physical
 	body, other than altruism and karma yoga, which work, but only over
	 many lifetimes.
	 Sooner or later, one has to experience spirituality, and this
	cannot be done in a physical body (i.e., while in the waking state).

This last sentence sounds really strange to me. My experience shows me
that spirituality *can* be experienced in the waking state, although
there is actually a gradual integration taking place between the waking,
sleeping and dreaming state, in the sense that these states become
correlated with, effused with, inner consciousness. One becomes the witness,
so to speak, of ones acts and thoughts. A gradual process of course.
This gives also an explanation of lucid dreaming, I think. One becomes
more aware of what is happening on/in the astral planes in ones auric egg.
At some point one may need to leave the body to explore these planes
in-depth.

Martin