Re: higher powers

May 11, 1996 10:29 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 04:59 AM 5/11/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I will always remember when I first became involved with the Federation of
>Spiritual Healers 20 years ago, that they were at great pains to stress that
>becoming a healer could stimulate the psychic abilities. They also said that
>they were only a side issue and many a potential healer became stuck at the
>psychic level because of their delight with these abilities and neglected to
>continue their spiritual pursuits.
>

>   Bee Brown
>   Member TSNZ,Wanganui Branch.
>   Theos Int & L

Bee:

Of course the Federation of Spiritual Healers is right, healing definitely
stimulates the development of various paranormal facilities. Where I think
they make an error is in assuming that healing is spiritual and other
paranormal abilities are not. Any person who has paranormal facilities and
who works at developing them is engaged in spiritual pursuits. If we were to
follow their line of reasoning then HPB would have been stuck in the "side
issue" because he/she apported tea cups and precipitated "letters" rather
than engaged in healing. As to healing itself, I can go out on the street
pick 20 people at random and teach all of them how to do magnetic healing in
about 30 minutes. Shamanic healing is a much more difficult thing because it
is the spirits that choose the potential Shaman (by their aura) and then do
the training. But the healing itself is the easy part. Now, when an
individual does possess paranormal facilities, it makes then a far more
efficient healer. For instance seeing Auras allows one to know where energy
imbalances lie, seeing Auras allows one to know a person's mental state.
Empathy on the other hand, which is a very advanced paranormal facility,
allows one to share someone else's feelings and experiences. All of these
abilities make it easier and more efficient to participate in the healing
process. The problem I have encountered with "Spiritual Healers" who do not
consider the healing facility to be merely one of the vast spectrum of
paranormal facilities, is that they tend to over-dramatize their own
personal part in the process. I tell my students this: "The patient is the
Lamp, and the Cosmic Harmonic is the wall plug, all the "healer" is is the
cord between the two." The most important thing about paranormal educational
activities is to demythologize the paranormal.

alexis