Re: higher powers

May 12, 1996 08:24 AM
by Bee Brown

Jerry Schueler wrote:

> Bee:
> >I will always remember when I first became involved with the Federation of
> >Spiritual Healers 20 years ago, that they were at great pains to stress that
> >becoming a healer could stimulate the psychic abilities. They also said that
> >they were only a side issue and many a potential healer became stuck at the
> >psychic level because of their delight with these abilities and neglected to
> >continue their spiritual pursuits.
>
>         Bee, your idea expressed above  is exactly what keeps bothering
> me and the TS view of psychism.  It is the TS's duty to warn us.  OK, you were
> duly warned.  This is no reason to "ignore" those psychic abilities that come
> naturally as a result of your work.  If you fall into the trap of neglecting
> your "spiritual pursuits" than this is your karma, and so be it.  This can only
> happen if you ignore the warning.  But given the warning, and making sure
> that you keep up your "spiritual pursuits" whats the problem?
>
>         Jerry S.
>         Member, TI

They weren't saying to ignore them or to deny them, just not to think that
one had 'arrived' spiritually because of the psychic developments. In the
groups I wander in and out off, I see many who are enamoured of their
psychism and get an ego trip out them and I see the warnings as being to
avoid that, not the psychism itself. I consider myself to be clairsentient
but so what. It is useful to me and has increased my understanding of many
things but I realise that there is much more to spiritual growth than that.
If it helps that growth then I am grateful for it. I understand why HPB was
was against 'mediumship' as she found it in those days but that was only one
aspect of psychism and she was against the meddling on the astral planes that
many mediums were doing quite unwittingly.
Healing is, as Alexis says, acting as a channel for the energy, however one
perceives it. I am not an active healer these days but have found myself in
places where it has been required and the results were indeed good but it is
just one of the things I do. I am not clairvoyant but secretly fancy that it
might be intersting to be so but if that is not to be, it doesn't matter. I
attach more importance to my 'path' and the progress there on.
Regards

   Bee Brown
   Member TSNZ,Wanganui Branch.
   Theos Int & L